Monday, October 3, 2011

Who are J and Z?

I (J) was born and raised in a Philadelphia suburb.  I graduated high school a year early and decided to head to the complete other end of the State (aka Pittsburgh) for undergrad.  After undergrad came back to the big-city that I used to call home. Along the way, I have collected a few degrees in my academic life, and am still going! I am attempting to finish and defend my Doctoral thesis at some point before the wedding. Sometimes, this blog may be used as a place to vent my frustration during the end of this process. Did I mention that while wedding planning, finishing my PhD, and the fiance being overseas I will be living at home. With my parents. Hopefully we will all survive!




Z (the fiance) also grew up in similar suburbs about 45 mins away from me, although our paths never crossed! He went to school in upstate NY for undergrad (Go 'Cuse!) and got a degree in architecture. After which came back to a different suburb - 10 mins from where I was raised - to complete law school. He and I met during his last year of law school and upon graduation tried desperately to find him a job. Well that didn't work out so well. So, Z is currently 3342 (but who's counting) miles away! Getting a very specialized MBA-type degree. 




  
This blog will (hopefully) keep me sane during Z's year abroad... And also serve as a wedding planning outlet. Here's to keeping it civil with two mom's, a sister, one bride, and a whole lot of opinions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment