Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Engagement... Part Two

Fast forward to that next Saturday (6/25). After we had been walking around the grounds for a while we passed by this gorgeous bridge in front of the restaurant at the garden.


 Z said he had a surprise for me; he had made reservations later that afternoon at the restaurant for an early dinner. I was shocked! He had never successfully surprised me before. What can I say? I can nudge and be a bit nosey! Z had been acting a little weird all day, so I figured this was why. Another weird thing I realized at this point - he had been carrying the camera bag the whole day. Even when I offered. Now Z hates carrying things and any excuse to put something in my purse he will take! But he was holding onto his camera bag for dear life!

It was finally time for dinner. And as we were walking back to the restaurant, back over the bridge, for the first time in my life I was anything but oblivious. Z kept trying to get me to look over the bridge away from the restaurant. Odd. I looked toward the restaurant, to see how busy it was, and noticed my sister...

then my Grandmother...

then the rest of my family (brother included!)...

Still not sinking in, I did what any normal human being would. Wave.


I looked back toward Z. He was down on one knee.


He swears that he was saying sweet things to me. Unfortunately, I remember none of it (I keep asking him for a re-do to no avail). Finally after what seemed like forever, he opened a ring box with a gorgeous sparkly ring that looked oh-so-familiar.



Z had gotten my (maternal) Grandmother's setting and put a diamond in it. Still not fully grasping the situation at hand, the only words that came out of my mouth were, "are you going to ask me something or not?!" So romantic of me, I know! We walked over to the restaurant where I had seen my parents and my whole family (including my paternal grandmother) were there along with Z's parents and his grandmother.


 Post-engagement, the whole crew - and there were a good bit of us - all had a lovely engagement dinner. And chatted well in the night... Where later that night in the comforts on a warm bed, Z and I planned our entire wedding. I am not kidding... But that's a whole different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment