Sunday, October 9, 2011

How did J + Z meet? Part Three.

This story last left you after an all night gab fest between Z and I almost two years after we had met for the first time. Now, during this time I went through a brief stage of where I kept a diary. After a bit I forgot about said diary and stopped writing, however I do have some clippings of what I wrote during those first few weeks of Z and I, the redux edition:


I drove up to his house (12/21/10) - nervous and feeling like I shouldn't be making this mistake again - and as soon as I saw him I knew I was in trouble. That attraction was there instantly, while it felt like 2 years ago, I knew I was much older and wiser than my former self. We had a lovely lunch. Decided to relive our first date by watching a movie. The same movie has chance had it. And the same thing resulted. I did not go home that night.

This time I played it cool though! We were both on holiday break, and ended up seeing a lot of each other the next week. He came out with my family for our normal Christmas Eve dinner of Chinese food. Between Christmas and NY he was in NY and I was in DC visiting my grandmother. But we reconnected for NYE when I joined him for a wedding up in the Poconos. That was a disastrous weekend!!! Completely and 100% due to me. Long story short, I got super drunk at his best friend's wedding. Well rehearsal dinner actually. He wasn't so happy about that one. We then had a fun time at their wedding on New years day. Geez, two new years with this guy in the course of two-ish years. After NYE, he was in CO for a week, I went back to work. Then I went to LA for work. It was an insane amount of traveling. We spoke occasionally while we were both away and would said we were reconnect when we were both in the same area code. Is this going to be like last time? Will I ever hear from him again? I'm nervous. But excited. I'm petrified of getting hurt. I can honestly say that I know I could fall in love with him. Which frightens me to no end. I am trying to put the past in the past. And think of this as a new relationship.


Hm, foreshadowing much? Well it did indeed turn into a relationship. And I did fall in love. I'll have to make sure I share the story of the first time I said "I love you" to him. It was oh-so-graceful. Open hand, hit face. That was two months after the above entry. In Colorado. At his close family friend's house. After a LONG day skiing.

After that, I didn't need to wait too long to see where this relationship was going to go. Only 6 months (and 4 days) after our 2nd first date, we got engaged. What can I say? When you know. You know. (Such a cliche! But true in this case).

No comments:

Post a Comment