Friday, October 7, 2011

How did J + Z meet? Part Two.

Where did we leave off? Oh right, February 2009. Z was known as a**hole architect to all my friends.

The story of Z and I does not pick up again until December 2010. In those two years, I dated, had a relationship, was still in the midst of grad school, and lived in the city for a bit. Really, not that much changed. Similarly for him, he was still living near the law school, and now in his 3rd year of law school. Wow, not much changes in the years one is pursuing a graduate degree.

So how on earth did we reconnect?! Just like two years previously, I had gotten out of a relationship with a guy. I decided I would take some time for myself and just concentrate on finishing my Doctorate. I did not need a man, nor did I want one. Then my mother intervened (again). Yup, queue another JDate subscription.

The first day I newly logged on and made a new profile (but really, it was my old profile because not much had changed) and within 10 mins, viola, a message from Z. I did not remember him so fondly, so I was a bit cold. But we caught up on the last two years, why I was back on the site and how he had never left. We chatted for a bit then sent pleasantries and both logged off.

The next night I had my next door neighbor's christmas party. It was a little sad and lonely for me, and I managed to have a few too many glasses of wine. For some reason, a light bulb went off - I still had Z's phone number. And wouldn't it be a great idea to text him! For once, a moment of brilliance after a few glasses of Malbec paid off. We texted back and forth for almost an hour when my phone started ringing. He was calling me... but why?! We ended up chatting until 4 am that morning, I was very sober by the end! And decided to meet for lunch after his finals were over in a few days...

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment